The 'cottage cheese' or 'orange peel' appearance on skin is the cellulite. It is simply the lumpy, dimpled skin which appears mainly on hips, thighs and buttocks. It is nothing but fat deposit under the skin that shows on it. It is a woman specific disorder and 'not a disease'. Just follow some natural home remedies for cellulite reduction.
Home Remedies for Reducing Cellulite
You can apply one or more home remedy for cellulite removal from among this list based on your specific problem.
- Massage the cellulite affected region with a mixture of rosemary, fennel essential oil and almond oil daily.
- Weight loss is the mantra to reduce cellulite. Have low fat, high fiber diet with a lots of green vegetables and fresh fruits.
- Limit the intake of alcohol, soda, carbonated drinks and caffeine drinks like coffee etc.
- Quit smoking.
- Exfoliate skin regularly with home made scrubs. Mix gram flour with milk and make a thick paste of it. Rub on skin to exfoliate skin.
- Combine salt or used coffee grounds with some olive oil to make a similar exfoliating scrub. Use these scrubs to exfoliate the skin once or twice a week.
- Exercise regularly. Yoga is good for reducing cellulite. The 'yoga asanas' or postures like Dandayamana, Dhanurasana, Ardha Chandrasana, Utkatasana, Supta-Vajrasana, Dhanurasana, Salabhasana are particularly meant for reducing fat and cellulite. Learn these yoga asanas from expert yoga guru or teacher.
- Drink freshly squeezed lemons in 1 cup of water with a pinch of cayenne daily.
- Onions, chlorophyll-rich foods, wheatgrass, green tea, vitamin A, amino acids, all are great help for reducing cellulite.
- While watching TV or reading magazines, news papers etc., keep your legs elevated.
- Massage the affected area with a mixture of dried thyme, grapefruit juice, and corn oil to reduce cellulite.
- Take Ayurvedic massage that is done with dry powder made of herbs. It helps in both- weight loss and cellulite reduction.
Follow a healthy lifestyle. Eat healthy and exercise regularly. Watch your body weight- fat is the culprit for cellulite formation.